IIS - The TAPA EMEA Incident Information Service
What is IIS?
In the 18thC a celebrated British author and critic, Samuel Johnson, once wrote
"Knowledge is of two kinds: we know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it". This is the essence of IIS.
Conceived by TAPA EMEA members, IIS was designed to improve the availability and flow of information on crimes against high-technology logistics supply chains within industry and between industry and Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA's). Its scope has subsequently been broadened to encompass not solely hi-tech freight chains but also other high value freight.
Its goal is to provide a centralised resource of knowledge related to criminality against freight in transit within the EMEA region and to facilitate the dissemination of that information to member companies and to LEA's.
What are the benefits?
- Facilitates the rapid dissemination of incident occurrence, which should aid in the investigation and recovery of stolen items.
- Provides well supported statistical analyses of problem areas to allow corrective and pre-emptive actions to be taken.
- Increases awareness of the cargo theft problem at local, National and International levels.
What does IIS provide?
- Provides a service of "Flash" e-mail Incident Event Notification to rapidly broadcast information about new incidents as soon as they are reported
- Provides a database of incidents against member's freight can be stored in a common format, analysed and made available to all members and to relevant Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA's).
- Provides a managed directory of contacts within LEA's, manufacturers and logistics security personnel.
- Provides a directory of links to sources of manufacturers product descriptions to support investigative activities.
- Disseminates a Monthly Bulletin summarising recent incident information and other pertinent analyses of the reported data
IIS is a service provided as part of the TAPA EMEA membership package at no additional cost to the subscribers and is provided free to all interested LEA's across the region.
For further information please contact the IIS Service Provider:
Incident Information Service (IIS) Manager TAPA EMEA
Tel +353(0)1 257 2243
Mobile +353(0)86 089 8623